I got a package!!! My Aunt Eileen sent me a very thoughtful package on friday, with so many great necessities! There was a mini magazine about exercising and staying healthy, which i put down by the treadmill so everyone else could read it too, there was a whole pair of shoes!! A cute cute cute pair of REI walking shoes! some toiletries necessities like razors and deodorant, some LAYERED gum, a very fashionable pair of fuzzy gloves, and then of course, her specialty, an article!! This article i have to say, made me feel soooo good about our money situation. It was about how to spend less money grocery shopping, and i think my house could have written this verbatim, because it was all the things we do as a house on Sundays before we buy food for the week!
THANKS EILEEN!!!
Jane and i have already become known at a local bar in South Orange. Not only because we have gone there 3 times in the last 2 weeks, but also because on our way out of the bar on Sunday, Jane tried so graciously to move out of the way for an elderly couple, and forgot to step up onto the stairs, and ended up landing on the floor. Not to mention while the older man tried to catch her, he was referring to her as "Mademoiselle". hahahahahahhahahahaha! Makes me laugh even just typing it! But we are planning on going there every Monday night to watch football. I'm trying as hard as possible not to become too much of a grandma and a book worm, maybe eventually i'll stay past 11:15...
Laura and i attempted to teach eddie how to cook. We put him in charge of the taco meat... watching him carry over 2 separate 1/3 cup of water, taking looooooots of time being so careful not to spill each time on the walk from the sink to the pan, was one of the most hilarious things ive seen. Then it was time to drain the fat..... i'm not even going to try to explain this as well as is was performed, but basically, he sealed the lid onto the pot, tipped it sideways, and watched the fat trickle slooooowly out. If laura wouldnt have taken over, we might still be waiting... Last but not least, Eddie is holding a block of cheese in one hand, and a cheese grater in the other, looks and laura and says.... "sooo... How do i do this???"
oh the possibilities for success this year.
On another note, i'm sure everyone reading this is aware of my dad being diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer. According to everyone, this is the best cancer to have, and while those words are still so hard for me to grasp, i am trying realize it's somewhat of a blessing. It was already hard enough being so far away, and now i just wish i could be home with my family, to laugh at all my dad's unfortunate jokes (that he is apparently telling the cats and dog...) and to help my mom not worry too much... However, everyone i have talked to have been in such high spirits, and although i'm sure my dad is worried, he can't stop finding humor and happiness everyday. We are also fortunate enough to have such a good friend, Joe Quinn, who has helped us tremendously, and i know we are all forever grateful for his help!
Please continue to pray for him, and the his surgeon to have steady hands on October 6th.
This weekend Josh is in town!!! WaHOOOOO!!! I'm oh soooo excited to be in NEW YORK CITY with a friend from HOME! Also, next weekend i am off to Boston to celebrate Oktoberfest!! hellllllls yea!
Last but NOOOOTT least; Care Package ideas!
-Pictures Pictures Pictures!! I miss all of your faces!
-candles?
-an umbrella!!
-vitamins?
-Coffee (k-cups) I know i already put this... but i'll really need these throughout the year!
-hand sanitizer
-Zantac (for if i ever get sick)
-socks!
Reading this makes me think you might not return to the homelandia after August :( You sound like you're having lots of fun Tina! And Yayayayayay Yoshie is coming (lol such a silly nickname.. kinda like Tina.) "Yo friends are making fun of you Tina." hahahahahahha awwww Come home. I miss you. Love you. <3
ReplyDeleteGreat write up. Nice , nice package from Eileen, she is on the stick, much better than me.. but I have thought about it, now I just need to act on it. Your ideas are great suggestions. I love your descriptions of the kids, cooking, and other situations. It sounds like it is all going quite well. I really like the mayor of Newark, I think his name is Booker. Try to met him. And now with FB donating 1 million (i think), you might really see some change.. which I think would be good. And finally, about your dad. I know this has to be difficult for you and all of us, but hopefully, it will all be taken care of over time... pray and keep positive thoughts. Take care always. Roger
ReplyDelete